Houston O-1A Visa Attorney
Get Immigration Help. Call (713) 574-2299 Today!
The O-1A visa is reserved for individuals with extraordinary ability or
achievement in the sciences, education, business, or athletics. The O-1A
visa does not include the arts or the motion picture and television industry;
individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement in those fields
can apply for the O-1B visa instead.
If you think you meet the criteria for the O-1A visa,
contact us at 713.574.2299 today!
How Do I Qualify for the O-1A Visa?
To qualify for the O-1A visa, you must demonstrate extraordinary ability
and be traveling to the United States temporarily to work in the area
of your skill. The specific criteria are extremely limited. According
to the United Sates Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS), you must
have been awarded an internationally-recognized award of high merit or
meet at least three of the following requirements in the field for which
classification is sought:
- Receipt of credible prizes or awards for excellence
- Membership in associations which require outstanding achievements and are
limited to experts
- Published material in professional or major trade publications, newspapers
or other major media
- Original scientific, scholarly, or business-related contributions of major
- Authorship of scholarly articles in professional journals or other major media
- A high salary or other compensation as evidenced by contracts or other
- Participation on a panel, or individually, as a judge of the work of others
- Employment in a critical or essential capacity for organizations and establishments
that have a distinguished reputation
What Does the Application Process Look Like?
The application process for the O-1A visa is complex, and you must file
at least 45 days before the start of your employment. The process includes
filing Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, and proving the following:
A Consultation: Confirmation in writing of your extraordinary ability or achievement
by a peer group or a person with expertise in the field for which classification
Employment Contract: The legal agreement between you and your employer. It must detail what
is being offered and accepted by petitioner and beneficiary.
Itineraries: A detailed explanation of the events and activities the petitioner will
Agents: The employer or the person or person authorized by the employer to act
as his or her agent.
The Houston O-1A visa lawyers at Toppins Law Firm, P.C. has over 40 years
of combined experience in
business immigration matters. We can help you determine if the O-1A visa is right for you and
assist you with the complex application process.
Contact us today!