Which L-1 Visa In Houston Do You Need?

Are you contemplating whether the L1 visa in Houston, TX, is the right visa category under which to apply? The L1 visa is an intra-company transfer US visa. It enables a US company to transfer a key employee from one of its offices in another country into the United States. It also enables companies to open a US operation to transfer its executives, managers, and specialized employees. For both L1-A and L1-B, the employee must have been working for the company for one continuous twelve-month period in the previous 36 months. In either case, it is the employer that submits the visa application.

There are two categories of L1 visa:


This visa is for managers and executives who are either transferring to a US office or coming into the US for the purposes of setting up a US office. It grants a maximum stay of up to 7 years. To apply for an L1-A visa, the company needs to provide evidence that the employee occupies an executive or managerial role.


This type of L1 visa is for specialized employees, who have essential specialist knowledge or skills. It grants a maximum stay of up to 5 years. The company may need to provide evidence to prove the employee’s level of skill, knowledge, or experience. This should be “specialized knowledge,” which means that their knowledge is not commonplace within the industry or organization. The knowledge may relate to a wide range of topics, including technology, services, or company processes.