Types Of Permanent Residency Visas In Houston TX

Moving to the United States can be a difficult process. Baker Donelson is dedicated to helping people navigate the complexities of immigration law so that they can petition for a visa or green card. If you are looking to move to the United States, you will need one of the following permanent residency visas in Houston, TX.

EB-2 Visa

The EB2 visa offers one of the fasted routes to permanent residence in the United States. In order to obtain it, you need to have an advanced degree or a degree plus five years of work experience. You also qualify if you have an exceptional ability in science, medicine, art, business, or athletics. This can be a difficult visa to obtain, so it is recommended that you hire a capable attorney to help you through the process.

EB-3 Visa

EB-3 visas are great for professional, skilled, or other workers looking to live permanently in the United States. This is an employment-based visa that requires a baccalaureate degree or foreign equivalent and two years of training. The EB-3 has lower standards than the EB-3, so it is easier to obtain.

EB-5 Investor Visa

If you are a foreign investor looking into permanent residency visas, the EB-5 may be for you. In order to obtain this visa, you must invest between $900,000 and $1.8 million in a United States business that will employ a minimum of 10 U.S. workers.

Family Sponsorship – There are two different family sponsorship visas you can apply for depending on your circumstances. A family relation who is either a citizen or legal permanent resident will need to petition for you to obtain this type of visa. When you work with our attorneys, we can help you select the correct visa and help you obtain it.

K Visas – K visas are for fiancé(e)s and spouses of U.S. citizens. The U.S. citizen must petition for the visa of their spouse or future spouse, and fiancé(e)s must marry within 90 days of arrival in the United States. There is another visa called the K-2 visa that applies to the children of the foreign spouse or fiancé(e).

When you need permanent residency visas in Houston, TX, rely on the experienced attorneys at Baker Donelson.