Houston H Visa Lawyers
Guiding Our Clients Through this Legal Process
Toppins Law Firm, P.C. in Houston is dedicated to helping immigrants successfully legally enter the country. Contact our Houston H visa lawyers to petition for H1-B, H2-B, and H3-B visas and learn about the requirements involved. We proudly serve clients in the state of Texas and throughout the nation.
If you are interested in learning about our H1-B visa application and overall process, we encourage you to speak to our immigration lawyer. We focus on working with our clients to deliver an effective solution that works hard to meet their legal goals. Our law firm is honored to represent you to fight for your rights.
Our Immigration Service Includes:
- Full Review of your personal circumstances
- Confirmation that the Visa type is appropriate for you
- Accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful co-ordination of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle yourself at your Consular or USCIS interview and what to expect
- Unlimited personal communication
What Is an H Visa?
The H-1B visa is one of the more well-known and popular nonimmigrant visas available to aliens, designed to allow U.S. employers to recruit and employ foreign professionals who wish to perform services in a specialty occupation, services of exceptional merit and ability relating to a Department of Defense (DOD) cooperative research and development project, or services as a fashion model of distinguished merit or ability. In total, H-1B visa holders are allowed to legally work and live in the U.S. for up to 6 consecutive years.
Specialized Fields for H1-B Visas
Not every profession qualifies for an H-1B. As noted, a foreign worker must be in a “specialty” occupation.
Qualifying occupations are those requiring highly specialized and technical knowledge in fields including, but not limited to:
- Architecture Biotechnology
- Healthcare and Medicine
- Physical and Social Science
If your position is not listed above, you may want to contact us to determine if the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) would consider the position offered to you as a professional position.
How to Get H1-B Visa?
Because of the limited number of visas issued, there is a specific window for applications, which usually starts on April 1st for the fiscal year starting October 1st of the following year. So, you can apply from April 1st, 2019 for entry in the year starting October 1st, 2020.
For the employee:
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of the specialty occupation from an accredited university.
- Hold a foreign degree which is equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of the specialty occupation.
- Hold an unrestricted state license registration or certification in the field of the specialty occupation in the intended state of employment.
- Have verifiable and recognized education, experience, or training in the specialty that is equivalent to the completion of a bachelor’s degree or higher.
So happy that I found Mrs. Toppins!- Anna
Available & her staff was extremely helpful.- Michael
Don’t hesitate, call Wilka immediately & she will solve it!- Maro M.
Thank you for all of your work!- Rachel F.
The most multifaceted attorney I have ever met!- Zel S.
Aliens cannot self-petition for H-1B visas. Rather, employers serve as the petitioners, with their foreign workers as the beneficiaries.
For the employer:
- The position requires a specific course of study which relates directly to the position.
- The employer must assure that it will pay the H1B holder a comparable wage to other workers who have similar qualifications.
- The position offered requires knowledge, both theoretical and applied, which is almost exclusively obtained through studies at an institution of higher learning.
To learn more about how we can help, call our office at our number (713) 568-1779 today.
Grab your cup of coffee and sit down with Wilka every Thursday as she covers important immigration topics from the Now Media TV studios in Houston Texas.
How Do I Start an LLC?
Are you curious about learning how to start an ...
What is the Provisional Waiver?
The provisional waiver is a process created by the ...
What is the EB-5 Visa?
The EB-5 Visa is an investor visa that provides ...
5 Strategies for a Good Business Partnership
5 strategies for a good business partnership are ...
What is the TN Visa?
The TN Visa is a temporary employment Visa but ...
What is the E2 Treaty Investor Visa?
The E2 Treaty Investor Visa is a temporary ...
What is the EB2 & B3 Visa?
The EB2/EB3 Visa categories allow a person to ...
Why Should I Have HR Documents in My Company?
From the moment a company has one employee, it ...
What is the Purpose of the O-1 Visa?
The O-1 Visa is an employment Visa for temporary ...
What is Family Sponsorship?
Family immigration is a great option for many ...
What is the H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa?
The H-1B Visa is the specialty occupation visa, ...
Why is Employee Compliance Training Important?
Employee compliance training means you will train ...