J-1 Visa Attorneys in Houston
Apply for a J-1 Visa With the Help of Law Firm
The J-1 classification (exchange visitors) is authorized for those who intend to participate in an approved program for teaching, instructing or lecturing, studying, observing, conducting research, consulting, demonstrating special skills, receiving training, or receiving graduate medical education or training. Toppins Law Firm, P.C. is comprised of a team of experienced Houston J-1 visa attorneys who can effectively help you complete the application process.
Contact our firm today to complete the process for the J-1 visa. We proudly serve clients in the state of Texas and throughout the nation.
In carrying out the responsibilities of the Exchange Visitor Program, the Department of State designates public and private entities to act as exchange sponsors. J-1 nonimmigrants are therefore sponsored by an exchange program that is designated as such by the U.S. Department of State. These programs are designed to promote the interchange or persons, knowledge, and skills, in the fields of education, arts, and science.
For the applicant:
- Participants must possess sufficient proficiency in the English language to participate in their programs.
- Participants must carry a Medical insurance at the minimum benefit levels stated in the program regulations.
- All exchange visitor applicants must have a SEVIS generated DS-2019 issued by a DOS designated sponsor, which they submit when they are applying for their exchange visitor visa.
For the sponsor:
- Program sponsors are required to ensure that all participants have the appropriate medical insurance.
- Sponsors are required to provide their participants with information about the program and related matters before they leave their home countries for the United States.
- Sponsors must provide their participants with specific program information and any contractual obligations relevant to their program category.
- Sponsors are required to monitor the progress and welfare of the participants for the duration of their programs.
Contact Toppins Law Firm, P.C. by calling (713) 568-1779 or completing our online contact form. Our Houston J-1 visa lawyers are here to help you seamlessly complete this process.
What is the Provisional Waiver?
The provisional waiver is a process created by the ...
What is the EB2 & B3 Visa?
The EB2/EB3 Visa categories allow a person to ...
Why is Employee Compliance Training Important?
Employee compliance training means you will train ...
What is the TN Visa?
The TN Visa is a temporary employment Visa but ...
How Do I Start an LLC?
Are you curious about learning how to start an ...
What is the H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa?
The H-1B Visa is the specialty occupation visa, ...
What is the Purpose of the O-1 Visa?
The O-1 Visa is an employment Visa for temporary ...
5 Strategies for a Good Business Partnership
5 strategies for a good business partnership are ...
What is the L1 Visa?
The L1 Visa is called the executive transfer Visa. ...
What is the E2 Treaty Investor Visa?
The E2 Treaty Investor Visa is a temporary ...
Why Should I Have HR Documents in My Company?
From the moment a company has one employee, it ...
What is Family Sponsorship?
Family immigration is a great option for many ...