Houston O Visa Lawyers
Get an O-1 Visa from Our Law Firm in Houston, TX
The O-1 is a nonimmigrant visa for people who possess extraordinary ability in their field, whether sciences, arts, sport, education, business, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements. You can apply for this visa with the help of our Houston O visa lawyers.
What Is the Standard of Review of an O-1 Visa?
There are different standards of review for applicants of different specialties. The standard for determining “extraordinariness” is highest for businesspersons, educators, and scientists, and lower for the arts. It also requires an employer in the states.
For applicants for the O-1 visa whose expertise is in science, education, and business, extraordinary ability is shown by sustained national or international acclaim, and he or she must have risen to the top of the field. For applicants of extraordinary ability in the arts, the immigration rules require “distinction.” This means the person must have achieved a high-level achievement in the first of arts, as evidenced by a degree of skill and recognition that is substantially above that ordinarily encountered.
The applicant needs to prove they are at the top of their field by showing at least three of the following conditions:
- Have received national or international awards or prizes of excellence in their field.
- Being are a member of associations whose membership requires outstanding achievement, judged by nationally or internationally recognized experts in the respective discipline.
- Their work has been featured in professional or high-profile trade publications, or mainstream media.
- The applicant has served in some capacity as a judge of others in the same (or closely related) field. This could either be individual or as part of a judging panel.
- Have had articles published in professional or notable trade publications.
- Have made original scientific, academic, or business contributions of major significance in their respective field.
- Have served in a leading or critical capacity for highly regarded organizations or establishments.
- Command a high salary or remuneration for their services.
- Other relevant evidence of exceptional expertise that does not fit any of the above criteria.
Contact our office today for an O-1 nonimmigrant visa for an athlete or a performing artist. We proudly serve clients in the state of Texas and throughout the nation.
After the I-129 petition is filed to apply for the O-1 visa, processing occurs at either the California Service Center (CSC) or the Vermont Service Center (VSC) depending on the beneficiary’s proposed employment location with the O1 visa. Processing times vary from time to time, especially with the impact of COVID-19 measures.
Grab your cup of coffee and sit down with Wilka every Thursday as she covers important immigration topics from the Now Media TV studios in Houston Texas.
What is the TN Visa?
The TN Visa is a temporary employment Visa but ...
Why is Employee Compliance Training Important?
Employee compliance training means you will train ...
What is the EB2 & B3 Visa?
The EB2/EB3 Visa categories allow a person to ...
What is Family Sponsorship?
Family immigration is a great option for many ...
What is the Purpose of the O-1 Visa?
The O-1 Visa is an employment Visa for temporary ...
Why Should I Have HR Documents in My Company?
From the moment a company has one employee, it ...
What is the Provisional Waiver?
The provisional waiver is a process created by the ...
5 Strategies for a Good Business Partnership
5 strategies for a good business partnership are ...
What is the L1 Visa?
The L1 Visa is called the executive transfer Visa. ...
How Do I Start an LLC?
Are you curious about learning how to start an ...
What is the E2 Treaty Investor Visa?
The E2 Treaty Investor Visa is a temporary ...
What is the H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa?
The H-1B Visa is the specialty occupation visa, ...