Houston TN Visa Lawyers
Get a TN Visa with the Help of Our Immigration Law Firm
Toppins Law Firm, P.C. is comprised of a team of skilled Houston TN visa attorneys who can effectively help you complete your application process. We are experienced in all aspects of immigration law and will work closely with you to ensure you receive a positive outcome to your situation.
Canadian TN Visa
The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) created unique economic and trade relationships for the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The TN nonimmigrant classification permits qualified Canadian citizens to seek temporary entry into the United States to engage in business activities at a professional level.
Among the types of professionals who are eligible to seek admission as TN nonimmigrants are accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists, and teachers or Canadian companies who wish to transfer employees to their U.S. parent, branch, subsidiary or affiliate without the one-year foreign employment requirement in the case of L-1A.
What Should I Do If I Want to Apply for a TN Visa?
Canadian nationals do not need to apply for a visa to obtain TN status. They can apply for TN-1 at the US-Canadian border. They only need to supply the necessary evidence and documents with the officer in charge. Approved applicants will receive an I-94.
Mexican nationals must first obtain a TN-2 visa through the US consulate to enter the country. Afterward, they may apply for the TN status when they arrive at the border.
Considering the nuance involved with TN status amongst Canadian and Mexican nationals, it is important to work with an attorney should any questions or concerns arise. An experienced immigration lawyer can assist you in the application process.
Contact us today for legal guidance during the application process for a Canadian TN visa. We proudly serve clients in the state of Texas and throughout the nation.
For the employee:
- If you are a Canadian citizen, then you are not required to apply for a TN visa at a U.S. consulate. Canadian citizens are generally eligible for admission as nonimmigrants without a visa
- You may establish eligibility for TN classification at the time you seek admission to the United States by presenting required documentation to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer at certain CBP-designated U.S. ports of entry or at a designated pre-clearance/pre-flight inspection station.
You must provide the following documentation to the CBP officer:
- Proof of Canadian citizenship
- Credentials evaluation (if applicable), together with any applicable fees
So happy that I found Mrs. Toppins!- Anna
Available & her staff was extremely helpful.- Michael
Don’t hesitate, call Wilka immediately & she will solve it!- Maro M.
Thank you for all of your work!- Rachel F.
The most multifaceted attorney I have ever met!- Zel S.
For the employer:
- Provide detailing items such as the professional capacity in which Canadian TN applicant will work in the United States, the purpose of your employment, your length of stay, and your educational qualifications.
- Alternatively, a prospective TN employer may choose to file on behalf of a Canadian citizen who is outside the United States.
Toppins Law Firm, P.C. is here to help you successfully complete your immigration process. You can rely on our Houston TN visa lawyers to efficiently guide you throughout the entirety of your process.
Call our office at (713) 286-7182 to schedule your appointment today.
Grab your cup of coffee and sit down with Wilka every Thursday as she covers important immigration topics from the Now Media TV studios in Houston Texas.
What is the Purpose of the O-1 Visa?
The O-1 Visa is an employment Visa for temporary ...
What is the L1 Visa?
The L1 Visa is called the executive transfer Visa. ...
What is the E2 Treaty Investor Visa?
The E2 Treaty Investor Visa is a temporary ...
5 Strategies for a Good Business Partnership
5 strategies for a good business partnership are ...
Why is Employee Compliance Training Important?
Employee compliance training means you will train ...
Why Should I Have HR Documents in My Company?
From the moment a company has one employee, it ...
What is the EB2 & B3 Visa?
The EB2/EB3 Visa categories allow a person to ...
What is the EB-5 Visa?
The EB-5 Visa is an investor visa that provides ...
What is the Provisional Waiver?
The provisional waiver is a process created by the ...
How Do I Start an LLC?
Are you curious about learning how to start an ...
What is the TN Visa?
The TN Visa is a temporary employment Visa but ...
What is the H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa?
The H-1B Visa is the specialty occupation visa, ...