Immigration Services in Houston
Are you hoping to come to the United States for temporary work, study, or tourism? On the other hand, is your ultimate goal to live in the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident—and eventually a U.S. citizen?
No matter your short-term or long-term goals, bring your case to Toppins Law Firm, P.C. We can assist you with all the following matters:
- Citizenship. Have you had a green card for several years? You may be able to become a citizen through naturalization. We can help you position yourself for success and navigate each step of this process with care and efficiency.
- Green cards. There are many ways to become a lawful permanent resident (a green card holder). We can assess your situation to determine which path is right for you. The process involves several complex steps, which is why we are here to guide you from beginning to end.
- Family-based immigration. Are you related to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident? You may be able to apply for a green card with your relative as your sponsor. Together, we can determine whether you qualify for one of the family preference categories.
- Employment-based visas. Employment-based immigration is another common way to obtain a green card. If you meet the qualifications for one of the preference categories, a qualifying U.S. employer can sponsor you for a green card. Alternatively, you may be able to obtain an employment-based nonimmigrant visa for temporary work.
- Investor visas. Investor visas technically fall under employment-based immigration, but immigrant investors can self-petition (i.e. apply without a sponsor). There is also a nonimmigrant version of the investor visa that grants temporary status rather than a green card.
- Student visas. The F-1 visa is for foreign students to attend a qualifying college, university, vocational program, or other institution in the United States. This is a nonimmigrant visa, which is why you must intend on returning to your home country once you complete your studies.
- Visitor visas. B-1 and B-2 visas allow foreign nationals to come to the United States for business, pleasure, or medical treatment. To qualify, you must demonstrate your intention to return to your home country at the end of your stay.
When you bring your case to Toppins Law Firm, P.C., we can use our 40+ years of immigration experience to find the best possible path for you. Our firm has served clients all over the world since 2003, and we look forward to handling your case next.