Green Card Lawyers in Houston
Helping Clients Become Lawful Permanent Residents
Is your goal to live and work permanently in the United States? You will need a green card. A green card signifies your lawful permanent residence, and it allows you to eventually apply for U.S. citizenship.
Green cards are not easy to obtain, however, which is why we urge you to get in touch with our team at Toppins Law Firm, P.C. Since 2003, our law firm has assisted individuals, families, and businesses with the permanent residence process. We are deeply familiar with both the challenges and the invaluable benefits of immigration, and our goal is to help you navigate this journey with ease and confidence.
Explore your options for obtaining a green card with help from our permanent residence lawyers in Houston. Call (713) 568-1779 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation today. Services in English and Spanish.
How to Obtain a Green Card
The green card process is complex, and it involves many different avenues that differ depending on your current status, location, eligibility, and more.
There are two general ways to become a lawful permanent resident:
- Consular processing. Consular processing is for prospective immigrants who are not yet in the United States. You will need to apply for an immigrant visa at a U.S. consulate or embassy abroad. Once you obtain the visa, you can present it at a U.S. port of entry, and a CBP officer will decide whether to let you into the United States. If you pass through this inspection process, USCIS should mail you your green card.
- Adjustment of status. The adjustment of status process is for those who are already in the U.S. lawfully. For example, you might be here on a nonimmigrant visa, or you might have obtained asylum. If you are here lawfully and you meet all other qualifications, you can likely apply for a green card without having to leave the United States.
How to Qualify for a Green Card
To qualify for a green card, you will need to fall into one of many different eligibility categories.
You may qualify for permanent residence through:
- Employment. Do you have a bona fide job offer from a U.S. employer? The employer may be able to sponsor you for a green card.
- Investment. You could also qualify for a green card if you invest a certain amount of capital in a qualifying enterprise. This type of immigration does not require a sponsor—in other words, you can self-petition.
- Family. Do you have a family member who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident? Depending on their status and your relationship to them, they may be able to sponsor you for a green card.
In many cases, determining your green card eligibility is just as difficult as the application process. With help from our experienced attorneys, however, you will have what you need to make a fully informed decision and select the path that gives you the highest possible likelihood of success.
At Toppins Law Firm, P.C., our case success rate is nearly 100%. We have achieved this level of effectiveness through steadfast dedication to our line of work, as well as a personal commitment to improving the lives of those we serve. Clients and professionals alike trust our firm to continuously raise the standards of our practice, and we look forward to putting this skill to work for your case.
So happy that I found Mrs. Toppins!- Anna
Available & her staff was extremely helpful.- Michael
Don’t hesitate, call Wilka immediately & she will solve it!- Maro M.
Thank you for all of your work!- Rachel F.
The most multifaceted attorney I have ever met!- Zel S.
Learn about the immigration process directly from our founding attorney, Wilka V. Toppins. With decades of experience, she knows the ins and outs of U.S. immigration law, and she would love nothing more than to empower you with that invaluable knowledge. We want you to walk away from our law firm with the resources you need to protect your rights and achieve the future you deserve.
Grab your cup of coffee and sit down with Wilka every Thursday as she covers important immigration topics from the Now Media TV studios in Houston Texas.
What is the EB2 & B3 Visa?
The EB2/EB3 Visa categories allow a person to ...
What is the E2 Treaty Investor Visa?
The E2 Treaty Investor Visa is a temporary ...
5 Strategies for a Good Business Partnership
5 strategies for a good business partnership are ...
Why Should I Have HR Documents in My Company?
From the moment a company has one employee, it ...
What is the Provisional Waiver?
The provisional waiver is a process created by the ...
What is the L1 Visa?
The L1 Visa is called the executive transfer Visa. ...
What is the EB-5 Visa?
The EB-5 Visa is an investor visa that provides ...
What is the TN Visa?
The TN Visa is a temporary employment Visa but ...
Why is Employee Compliance Training Important?
Employee compliance training means you will train ...
What is the H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa?
The H-1B Visa is the specialty occupation visa, ...
What is the Purpose of the O-1 Visa?
The O-1 Visa is an employment Visa for temporary ...
What is Family Sponsorship?
Family immigration is a great option for many ...