Houston Student Visa Lawyers
Helping Students Gain Educational Access to the United States
Toppins Law Firm, P.C. is dedicated to providing top-notch services to our clients by utilizing our knowledge, experience and diligence to strive for your desired outcome. We are loyal to all our clients and we consider ourselves a part of our client’s top talent management team.
Our Immigration Service Includes:
- Full review of your personal circumstances
- Confirmation the Visa type is appropriate for you
- Accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful co-ordination of all correspondence with government agencies
- Advice on how to handle yourself at your Consular or USCIS interview and what to expect
- Unlimited personal communication with your Houston student visa attorney
The F-1 Visa (Academic Student) allows you to enter the United States as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution or in a language training program.
The minimum requirements to obtain the F-1 visa are:
- You must be enrolled in an “academic” educational program, a language-training program, or a vocational program.
- Your school must be approved by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program, Immigration & Customs Enforcement.
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution.
- You must be proficient in English or enrolled in courses leading to English proficiency.
- You must have sufficient funds available for self-support during the entire proposed course of study.
- You must maintain a residence abroad which you have no intention of giving up.
Here to Help You Complete this Process
At Toppins Law Firm, P.C., our Houston student visa lawyers understand that this process can be overwhelming. That’s why we will be by your side every step of the way to ensure the accurate completion of your visa application.
Every year, countless students arrive from around the world to study in Texas and other parts of the United States. Are you or your loved one next? Start learning what you need to know about student visas by reviewing the following FAQs. For further details, contact our Spanish-speaking attorney in Houston.
Who is eligible for an F-1 visa?
F-1 visas are issued to international students attending an academic program in the United States. To qualify, you must have the following:
- A Sponsoring School
- A Foreign Residence and the Intent to Return Upon Finishing Your Studies
- Strong Ties to Your Home Country
- Sufficient Financial Support
So happy that I found Mrs. Toppins!- Anna
Available & her staff was extremely helpful.- Michael
Don’t hesitate, call Wilka immediately & she will solve it!- Maro M.
Thank you for all of your work!- Rachel F.
The most multifaceted attorney I have ever met!- Zel S.
What types of education does an F-1 visa cover?
The F-1 visa is most often used to attend an accredited college or university. However, they may also cover:
- high schools
- elementary schools
- other academic institutions
The course of study must culminate in a degree, diploma, or certificate, and the school must be authorized to accept international students.
How do you start the application process?
Before you start applying for an F-1 visa, you must first be accepted into an accredited academic program. After you’ve secured admission (and the school’s sponsorship), consult with your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate to determine in what order you should complete the student visa application process.
Grab your cup of coffee and sit down with Wilka every Thursday as she covers important immigration topics from the Now Media TV studios in Houston Texas.
What is the E2 Treaty Investor Visa?
The E2 Treaty Investor Visa is a temporary ...
What is the EB-5 Visa?
The EB-5 Visa is an investor visa that provides ...
Why is Employee Compliance Training Important?
Employee compliance training means you will train ...
What is the Purpose of the O-1 Visa?
The O-1 Visa is an employment Visa for temporary ...
What is the L1 Visa?
The L1 Visa is called the executive transfer Visa. ...
What is the Provisional Waiver?
The provisional waiver is a process created by the ...
What is the H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa?
The H-1B Visa is the specialty occupation visa, ...
What is the EB2 & B3 Visa?
The EB2/EB3 Visa categories allow a person to ...
Why Should I Have HR Documents in My Company?
From the moment a company has one employee, it ...
5 Strategies for a Good Business Partnership
5 strategies for a good business partnership are ...
What is Family Sponsorship?
Family immigration is a great option for many ...
How Do I Start an LLC?
Are you curious about learning how to start an ...