Ms. Toppins represents domestic and international mostly privately-owned companies and has represented hundreds of individual investors and entrepreneurs from all over the world. Her client base extends across the globe, ranging from countries such as Colombia, Argentina, Mexico, Korea, England, Venezuela, Turkey, and Australia.
Ms. Toppins, a cum laude graduate of Tulane Law School, has almost 30 years of legal experience in a wide range of legal practices.
She is qualified to handle the following:
- Lawyer briefcase
- Corporate And Business Law
- Travel by Airplane
- Immigration law
- Men and Female
- Employment law
- Setting Icon
- International Investments
To learn more about how she can help your business or corporation, call Toppins Law Firm, P.C. at (713) 568-1779 to schedule your initial case consultation.
Honors & Achievements
Ms. Toppins is an award-winning lawyer and executive having been recognized both nationally and locally for her work.
Her awards include:
- “Women On The Move,” presented by Texas Executive Women organization in 2011
- Rolling Out Magazine’s “Top 25 Women of Houston” Award in 2010
- The League of Latin American Citizens’ “Corporate Excellence” award in 2009
- The “Top 25 Lawyers in Houston” by H Texas Magazine in 2007
She has been profiled in national publications such as Hispanics Today Magazine, Latina Style, Latino Leaders Magazine, Diversity Magazine, and Smart Money Online.
In addition, she is a proud member of the following organizations and associations:
- Houston Minority Business Council
- The Houston Minority Supplier Development Council
- Canacintra – Houston
- Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement
- Galleria Chamber of Commerce
- Variety Children’s Charity of Houston
- Houston Association of Hispanic Media Professionals
- Leadership Houston Class
- Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- The American Immigration Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- United State District Court
- Southern District of Texas
Ms. Toppins is a prolific speaker and in demand for her business and legal acumen. She has spoken at LULAC, NSHMBA, HACE, WalMart, Boeing, University of Nebraska, UPS and other distinguished organizations.
Prior to founding Toppins Law Firm, Ms. Toppins worked for a number of prominent companies, beginning as a litigation attorney for Exxon Company, in which capacity she practiced in both federal and state courts. She went on to specialize in federal litigation at the Houston-based firm, Porter & Hedges, LLP, and subsequently joined SBC Communication Inc.’s legal team, where she eventually was promoted to senior counsel and focused on business legal matters and mergers and acquisitions.
After 14 years of excellence in the legal departments of Corporate America, Ms. Toppins eventually founded The Toppins Law Firm, P.C. in 2003 in Houston, Texas. The firm proudly offers a team of multicultural and multilingual legal professionals. As a native Spanish speaker herself, Ms. Toppins personally is able to provide services in both English and Spanish.
Attorney Toppins’ In-Depth Knowledge Leads to Case Successes
This dedication to the knowledge of the law, has led to many recent success stories, including:
- U.S. corporate counsel for large Mexico based rubber manufacturer in U.S. activities
- Represented Houston-based medical facility and practice in acquisition by national firm
- Represented Houston-based engineering firm in acquisition by international London-based firm
- Represented U.S. San Antonio-based refinery group with a permanent residency application for its top-level vice president
- Obtained O1 approval for chemical engineer working at largest fertilizer plant being built in U.S.
Contact our law firm today for representation from a Spanish speaking attorney. We proudly serve clients in the state of Texas and throughout the nation.